Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CFL are cancelling long-planned engineering-works.
For this reason, on the weekend of 28th and 29th March 2020, trains will run according to the weekend schedules. A substitute bus service will therefore not be necessary.
This also applies to the scheduled engineering works during the Easter holidays from 4th to 19th April 2020 – trains on lines 10 and 30 will run according to the timetable in place at that time.
People with reduced mobility
Respecting the necessary rules of social distancing, the CFL's service for people with reduced mobility will have to be interrupted for the duration of the pandemic. Customers will be able to use the Adapto bus service.
More information is available at www.adapto.lu.
The current train timetable of the CFL lines will remain unchanged until Sunday 19th April 2020 (included). Customers will be informed of any changes.
As a reminder, here is the train plan in place since Monday 23rd March 2020:
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Troisvierges or Gouvy (RE/IC) with stops at Goebelsmuehle and Michelau.
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Diekirch (RB)
· 1 CFL bus (section Wiltz - Kautenbach) per hour and per direction between Wiltz and Kautenbach with connection to the RE/IC train from/to Troisvierges
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Trier (RE) at rush hour. Otherwise 1 train every 2 hours
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Wasserbillig (RB)
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Arlon (IC)
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Arlon (RB)
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Pétange (RB)
· Normal train service between Bettembourg and Volmerange-les-Mines
· Normal train service between Esch-sur-Alzette and Audun-le-Tiche
· Trains cancelled between Noertzange and Rumelange. Customers are requested to use the regional bus lines.
· 1 train per hour and per direction between Luxembourg and Athus (RB)
· Normal train service between Luxembourg and Longwy in the morning and evening. No train service during the day.
· TER program from day to day
· Cancellation of TGV services until further notice
Customers can find all additional information at www.cfl.lu, in the CFL applications and at the CFL Call Center at (+352) 2489-2489.
CFL's bus offer will also be adapted.
The "Luxembourg Saarbrücken Express" shuttle bus will run at reduced hours, customers will find detailed information in the timetable search on www.cfl.lu and in the CFL applications.
The "Gare Lorraine Express" shuttle bus will be cancelled until further notice.
From this Friday, 20th March 2020, TGV services to Paris and the South of France will be cancelled until further notice. Following the cancellation of TGV services, customers who have previously purchased a ticket are invited to address any request for reimbursement to the railway company that provided them with their ticket. As the ticket offices and waiting rooms at all CFL stations are closed under the current conditions, customers are requested to contact the CallCenter.
Press release by the Ministry of Mobility and Public Works/ CFL